Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Passion for the Outdoors

I love being outside going camping, taking walks, or even sitting on the porch listening to what mother nature has given us. I love when the weather starts to warm up and I plan on going camping, getting everything packed up thinking about if we have everything we need ready to go. Loading the cars up and driving the the lake. Finding the right spot to set up the tents and getting the camp fire ready.

There is nothing better than sitting by an open fire away for the hustle and bustle of the daily world, away from the noises of the city, the negativity and dream stealing of those around us. Watching the different colored flames and fire fly's that make there way in the universe, being so dark you can see every star in the sky, I can sit there for hours. Going to bed and getting up in the morning setting the fire up to cook on. Standing in the fire pit fixing breakfast is very peaceful to me. I am not a breakfast eater until we go to the lake one thing I like to do is cook on the fire, the food and the fresh air makes the food taste better.

I have a lot of favorite memory's I could talk about, there is one that always comes to mind. when my kids were growing up they were involved in Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts and I was leaders in both. We took the Girls on a camp out to Deerborn, Mo to a camp ground, it was cold out I think around the first of November. We loaded up the girls in 2 vehicles, I drove Debbie's Van and she drove a rental car, I took a friend of mine with me she was always the one who made sure the fire stayed going for us. Deb not paying attention almost missed the exit and had to cut across traffic on the highway to get off. There was a car beside me, not knowing where I was going I had to speed up to get around the car didnt have time to slow down to get off the exit.

After getting off the road Deb pulled into a gas station for ice she seen how close we came to not making it and new we was going to get on her for it she rolled her window down very little to see how many bags we needed. We joked with her telling her she was gonna need alot if she didn't start pay attention LOL. We get everything set up and the girl settled in so we can start dinner, Deb brought a whole chicken to cook the one thing she forgot was a knife to cut it with, so being Girl Scouts we had a moto "Use Your Resources Wizley" so that is what we did.

Looking around for a knife we found a hack saw so we sawed the Chicken in 4 and sruck it on the fire to cook, it started to snow very big flakes, was very pretty to see the snow falling by the fire side. I did find out then don't look up the watch it fall, I had one go right in my eye, that doesn't feel to good. LOL When we all retired for the nite, the girls were all asleep in a distance you could hear what sounded like a stampeed not knowing what it was I got up to look out the window. I see about 30 horses running toward the cabin in the snow. That was the most beautiful thing to see before I drifted off to sleep.

I have so may memorable momments from camping. I am looking forward to many more only on the beaches of the world now.

No comments:

Post a Comment